Battery-Tec - Website Privacy and POPIA Disclaimer
Thank you for visiting the Battery-Tec (the “Provider”) website. So that there are no misunderstandings that could lead to possible disputes about your (the “User”) online dealings with us, please read this disclaimer, which covers all interactions and transactions on the domain www.battery-tec.co.za, subdomains, and related sites (“the Website”). By accessing and using the Website, the User agrees to be bound by the terms set out in this legal notice. If the User does not wish to be bound by these terms, the User may not access, display, use, download, or otherwise copy or distribute any content obtained from the Website.
The Provider may change, modify, add to or remove from portions or the whole of these Terms and changes to these Terms will become effective when the changes are posted on the Website. The Provider will notify the User of the changes by posting a prominent notice on the website. The User’s continued use of the Website following the posting of changes or updates will be considered acceptance of the Terms, including any changes or updates.
Content displayed on the Website www.battery-tec.co.za is supplied by the Provider or by other third party owners of the content (“Content”). All the proprietary works, and the compilation of the proprietary works, belong to the Provider, or the third party owners of the rights (“Owners”), and the Content is protected by South African and international copyright laws.
While we have taken care to ensure that the content available on this website is accurate, this website and the services accessible on or via the Website are provided “as is” and may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Your use of and reliance on the information on this website and the online services is entirely at your own risk. All information published on this website is subject to change without notice.
While we make every effort to ensure using this website is a hassle-free experience, Battery-Tec does not warrant that the functions provided by the site will be uninterrupted or error free, or that the site or the server is free from viruses or other harmful components.
Links to/from other websites:
The Website regularly provides links to other websites. The fact that we have such links must not be construed as constituting any relationship with or endorsement of the linked website, and reliance on all information and content provided by the external link is done so at your own risk.
The use of our brand or logo by other websites or the linking to this Website, does not constitute any relationship or endorsement of the entity using the logo or linking to the Website. Due to the high degree of phishing and or fraud prevalent on the internet, all representations whether expressed or perceived should be validated directly in writing from Battery-Tec.
Protection of the privacy of users and their information:
Battery-Tec takes the protection of Personal Information very seriously and for this reason we take all reasonable measures to protect your Personal Information and to keep it confidential. Personal information refers to information that identifies or relates specifically to you, for example, your name, age, gender, identity number and your email address, as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act (“PAIA”), Act 2 of 2000 and in the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”), Act 4 of 2013.
We respect your right to privacy and therefore aim to ensure that we comply with the legal requirements of POPIA which regulates the manner in which we collect, process, store, share and destroy any personal information which you have provided to us. Whenever you use this website, complete a form, contact us electronically, or use one of the services or facilities offered by us, we collect personal information about you. We collect personal information only so that we may:
- respond to any query or comment received from you;
- inform you of new services;
- enable us to process, validate and verify information and requests for the supply of services;
- for the purposes for which you specifically provided the information; and
- generally to improve your experience on our website.
This information will only be used by Battery-Tec for the purposes for which it was provided. We will only share your personal information:
- in order to comply with applicable law or with legal process served on our company;
- in order to protect and defend the rights or property of the school; and
- with employees and/or third parties who assist us in providing services to you and thus require your personal information in order to render a proper and efficient service. We will ensure that all such employees and third party service providers, having access to your personal information, are bound by confidentiality agreements.
If you are under 18 years of age (minor), we will require the consent of your parent/guardian/competent person before we process such personal information.
The information will be stored in databases or other electronic storage media with relevant security and backup procedures in place. We will:
- treat your personal information as strictly confidential;
- take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
- promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
- provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable request; and
- We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally required, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
ALTHOUGH WE TAKE THE AFOREMENTIONED PRECAUTIONS IN PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, WE SHALL HOWEVER NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, HOWSOEVER ARISING, SUFFERED AS A RESULT OF THE DISCLOSURE OF SUCH INFORMATION IF OUTSIDE OUR REASONABLE CONTROL.
Although the Provider takes reasonable steps to ensure the security of information submitted via this Website, its primary purpose is the communication of information to the user and a simple HTTP connection is used. Therefore, transmission of the information supplied by the User cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure and interception by third parties remains a possibility. The User is responsible for the information they chose to submit via the Website and should take appropriate care when providing such information.
You have the right at any time to:
- rectify the Personal Information collected by us;
- object to the processing of Personal Information (subject to legislation);
- request the return or destruction of Personal Information (subject to legislation);
- lodge a complaint with the company
Collection of Information by “Cookies”
The User may also visit the Website without providing any personal information. The User accordingly grants express permission for the Website servers in such instances to collect information (including via the use of “cookies”) such as the IP address of the User’s computer, but not distinguishing information such as email addresses. This information is aggregated (added up) to measure the number of visits, average time spent at the Website, pages viewed, etc. The Provider uses this information to determine use of the Website, and to improve Content. The Provider assumes no obligation to protect this information, and may copy, distribute or otherwise use the information as it sees fit.
Liability & legal issues:
Battery-Tec accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage (whether direct, indirect, special or consequential) and/or expenses of any nature whatsoever, which may be suffered as a result of or which may be attributable, directly or indirectly, from information made available on these pages or links, and actions or transaction resulting there from.
The laws of the Republic of South Africa will govern all terms and conditions of any products and services contained in these pages. Should you apply for any products or services through this website, you hereby consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts in regard to all proceedings, actions, applications or the like instituted by either party against the other, and in any way arising from any stated terms and conditions. The Provider, however, retains the right to pursue proceedings in other jurisdictions, should this be deemed necessary.